Terms and Conditions
Online Terms and Conditions between Clover Lewis Limited (trading as Clover Lewis Swimwear) and Consumers for the sale of goods.
Thank you for visiting the Clover Lewis Swimwear website. We create swimwear you'll feel inspired to wear and feel great in. Please read these terms and conditions, which form the basis on which you can visit us and our website. Thank you for reading them carefully as they contain important information.
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and any disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
This site is owned and operated by Clover Lewis Limited, 44 Leamington Avenue, Bromley, London BR1 5BL. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 207 993 8594.
- The contract between us
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Payment of the price for the goods represents an offer on your part to purchase the goods, which will be accepted by us only when the goods are dispatched. Only at this point is a legally binding contract created between us.
- Acknowledgement of your order
To enable us to process your order, you will need to provide us with your e-mail address. We will notify you by e-mail as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and to confirm details. For the avoidance of doubt, this correspondence does not constitute a contract between us.
- Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by Clover Lewis Limited. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
- Accuracy of content
We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been described accurately. However, orders will only be processed if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacities given about the goods are approximate only.
- Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in the case of negligence on our part, we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods you have ordered are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail or phone (if you have given us details). You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
- Ordering errors
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point on which you click on “submit” during the ordering process.
The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out on our website. All prices are shown either
- Exclusive of VAT for customers who have had breast cancer purchasing swimwear for their own personal use, and are qualified for VAT exemption, or
- Inclusive of VAT for non-VAT exempt customers, or for items that do not qualify for VAT exemption, for example, kaftans. The current VAT rates are correct at the time of entering information.
Please read our VAT policy for further information.
Where it is not possible to accept your order to buy goods of the specification and description at the price indicated, we will advise you by email, and offer to sell you the goods of the specification and description at the price stated in the email and will state in the email the period for which the offer or the price remains valid.
- Payment terms
We will take payment upon receipt of your order from your credit or debit card. We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give us the correct payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the goods from you, then we can refuse to process your order and/or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
- Pre-order terms
Items from our collections can be bought in advance ( i.e. pre-ordered). Pre-ordered items will be charged in full and secured for you as soon as the order is placed. Once your order has arrived we will be able to ship your item(s) directly to you as soon as the stock arrives. We will also email you to let you know when your order is on its way.
Please be aware that because of the "pre-sale" nature of such transactions, there might be a delay on the actual delivery date as the stated estimated delivery dates are only approximate and may vary.
If you have questions, you can contact one of our Customer care representatives who will be happy to talk you through our pre-order procedure, simply call us at +44 (0) 207 993 8594.
Our returns policy for pre-orders is the same as for all other orders.
- Our delivery charges are set out on our delivery page in our website.
- We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (unless this is caused by our negligence). We will aim to deliver the goods by the date quoted for delivery but delivery times are not guaranteed and therefore time is not of the essence. In any event, we will aim to deliver your goods within 30 days from the day after the day we received your order. If delivery is delayed beyond this time, we will contact you and either agree a mutually acceptable alternative date, or offer you a full refund.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- Risk and ownership
- Risk of damage to or loss of the goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you. If you choose to use your own courier then the risk passes to you as soon as the goods are handed to your courier. You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered.
- Please take care of your purchases by following our Care Guide to prolong the life of our products.
- Cancellation rights
- Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your goods (with the exception of any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- Should you wish to cancel your order, you can notify us in writing by post, or e-mail.
- Please take care when trying on the goods, as the goods must be in the saleable condition in which it was delivered to you. You cannot cancel your contract if the goods you have ordered are have been worn or used, stained (by for example makeup) washed, the hygiene sticker(s) has been removed or tampered with, or tags removed.
- If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery, you should not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, and we have either received the goods back, we will refund any sum debited by us from your credit or debit card within 14 calendar days.
- We may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in the value of the goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (for example using or wearing the goods prior to cancellation).
- Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right not to process your order if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area; or
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days.
- We reserve the right not to process your order if:
- If there is a problem with the goods
- If you have any questions or complaints about the goods please contact us. You can do so on +44 (0) 207 993 8594, or write to us at email@example.com or Clover Lewis Limited, 44 Leamington Avenue, Bromley, London BR1 5BL.
- We are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act).
- If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject goods which do not conform with the Act you must either return them by post them back to us. We will pay the cost of postage or collection.
- Unless agreed otherwise, if you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them and decide to cancel the order rather than re-arrange delivery (in accordance with clause 11), we will provide you with a full refund.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. You have certain rights as a consumer including legal rights (e.g. under the Act) relating to faulty and/or mis-described goods.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Clover Lewis Limited, 44 Leamington Avenue, Bromley, London BR1 5BL and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
- Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
- Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Third party rights
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorised employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual Clients. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our Clients. There are specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible
Any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than our employees and if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our products. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Unless otherwise stated, the products featured on this website are only available within the United Kingdom, or in relation to postings from the United Kingdom. All advertising is intended solely for the United Kingdom market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any products, downloads, and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
28. Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
30. Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
31. Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
32. Copyright and Trademark
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
This Company’s logo is a registered trademark of this Company in the United Kingdom and other countries. The brand names and specific services of this Company featured on this web site are trademarked.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website.
This company is registered in England and Wales, Number 07995598, registered office 44 Leamington Avenue, Bromley, Kent, BR1 5BL.
34. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website [and using our services/buying our products] you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
37. Notification of Changes
© Clover Lewis Limited 2018 All Rights Reserved